Join us for the first annual Winch Monster Dash: a Fundraising Challenge on Halloween
The Winch exists because 43% of children in Camden live in poverty.
- Too many children start their lives facing disadvantage.
- Coronavirus has made it harder for struggling local families to pay the rent, put food on the table, and look after their physical and mental health.
- The odds seem increasingly stacked against young people. Their lives have never felt so difficult and their opportunities never more limited; from the closure of schools, to the chaos of exam results and university lockdown, and the devastation of youth employment opportunities. Unless we act, we’re at risk of leaving an entire generation behind.
- Government funding is stretched thin. We are increasingly competing against more charities for dwindling resources.
But you can help us support each child to succeed, from cradle to career.
Here’s a fun way you can help:
- Dream up your 31 Challenge
- Register to fundraise for the Winch Monster Dash with JustGiving as an individual, team, family or organisation
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you during the month of October
- For a chance to win a prize, please register for the Winch Monster Dash. Over the month as you train for your challenge, and in costume on Halloween, upload your photos here.
- Remember to download your bib and wear it to complete your Challenge in costume on October 31st. Take lots of fun photos!
- Don’t forget to share your scare with us on on social media using #WinchMonsterDash
Here are some 31 Challenge ideas (in Halloween costume of course!):
They can be the traditional:
- Run for 3.1 miles
- Make a 31 second Tik Tok
- Throw a 31 minute virtual monster mash dance party
- Play 31 holes of golf
- Write a 31 line poem
Or how about these ideas?!
- Create 31 Monster Drawings
- Snap 31 Halloween Queens on a Zoom Screen
- Design 31 Halloween Zoom backgrounds
- Carve 31 pumpkins lanterns with your friends
Or maybe you have unique ideas of your own! Surprise us and share your Halloween scare!
If you are interested in working in partnership with us, please contact Jean.